ETO's 2021 Fall Drill -- November 13, 2021 -- Second Chance to Sign UP !!!!!!! #Announcements

K7ZPJ - Bruce

Edited

Disaster Response Operations tend to change scale to grow or shrink through the life cycle of the disaster response.
This means a second call for people and resources maybe needed in the first few days of the operation.

In our case, we evaluated the number of check-in messages we received and determined that we have the capacity to allow a second round of sign-ups.

The second Sign up for our Fall Drill -- November 13, 2021 (Cyber Wind) starts immediately and ends on 9PM Local Time on Friday November 12th
If you have already signed up and have received your ICS-213 form, please do not sign in again.  This sign up is for only people that didn't signed-up in the first round of sign ups.
The sign up instructions are below or in the attached Read Me First file. (The Read Me First file wasn't updated with the new sign up deadline.)

EmComm Training Organization

Operation “Cyber Wind”

Saturday, November 13th, 2021

 Read This First !!!

In order to participate in this exercise you need to first send a simple Winlink message indicating your intent to participate.  Send it to your ETO Clearinghouse (ETO-nn where “nn” is your Region Number).

You need to send this message NO LATER THAN 9:00 PM Local Time on Friday , November 12th.

In the message, which must be originated from your Call Sign Winlink account, include:
Subject:  Cyber Wind
Message: YES

If you are NOT planning to participate, DO NOT SEND a message.

Within 24 hours of that deadline, your Clearinghouse will send an ICS-213 form to you.  This form will be the basis for the exercise, and will be self-explanatory.  You will reply to this ICS-213 in the exercise.

Please reply to the ICS-213 (answering all the questions) as prescribed in the “Scenario and Guidelines” document (enclosed).

The Exercise itself will take place on Saturday, November 13th (NOT on Thursday this week).

This exercise is designed to simulate a real-world call-up.  For that reason, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the timing specified above.  We will NOT accept late sign-up messages, and if you do not receive the ICS-213 for any reason, you will not be able to participate.  All subsequent activity must be on Saturday, November 13.

This exercise requires 100% adherence to the guidelines by both Participants AND Clearinghouse stations.

Things to remember on Sunday, November 7:

1)   Set your clocks back 1 hour, to “Standard Time.”

2)   Check the batteries in your Smoke Detectors

3)   Send the Winlink message to your Clearinghouse!

For technical questions about this week's Winlink Thursday please send an email to: ETO.Technical.Team@EmComm-Training.groups.io
Drill information can also be found on our website: https://www.emcomm-training.org/