Winlink Thursday for September 16th, 2021 #WinlinkThursdays

K7ZPJ - Bruce

Winlink Thursday for September 16th, 2021

This recent Patriot’s Day commemorated all those who served twenty years ago as First Responders, ARES, humanitarian support and other volunteer groups that supported disaster recovery at Ground Zero and other locations.  September is National Preparedness Month as well.  With worldwide events being very fluid and our Nation’s leaders advising continued vigilance in the months ahead, this exercise has been designed to understand your readiness capacity in the event of a national threat.

For the exercise, please answer on ICS-213 form in your own words and send to your respective Regional Clearinghouse.    Finding Your USA Regional Clearinghouse Tactical Address

1) Where were you on September 11th, 2001, and what response did you act on to ensure your safety?

2.     2) As a federally licensed amateur radio operator, devoted to public service, knowing what we know today with current events, if civil unrest or a threat to our nation or community were to occur, by natural or man made disasters, what initial responses would you implement to establish emergency communications?

A.  Monitor the National Calling Frequency (146.520 Mhz)

B.  Monitor or form up an emergency net on the local repeater
C.   Shelter in place and have monitoring of your locality and provide periodic updates
D.  Other: you may elaborate in your own words:

3.
3)
What emergency and disaster groups do you belong to?  Infraguard, CERT, ARES, Skywarn etc? (List as many you are active with):